Hola mi amado familia y otras!
Greetings from the beautiful country of Honduras! Tomorrow,
the 15th of September, is the day of independence for Central America
so everyone is super patriotic right now with parades and fiestas and all sorts
of crazy! It's really cool, though. It makes me miss the US a little bit, but
also makes me love this place even more.
This week was pretty good, we are in a trio right now, which
spices things up. Hermana Powers is from Roy, Utah, and she's super awesome! It's
kind of cool to speak English with her and platicar about the great old state
of Utah.
Hermana Garcia leaves to finish her mission on Friday, so it
will be just us two after that. It has its challenges to be in a trio, but it's
really awesome to teach with more power and experiences. I have learned a lot
from her already. And I will miss Hermana Garcia! She has been a great
companion. It's weird that she is going home, like for good. People keep
telling me that one day I will have to do the same, but I still don't believe
them.
Also, earlier this week we had interviews with President Bowler
and training from the APs for our zone, which was super great. We learned that
first we need to strengthen ourselves with our studies, and then our
companionship, and then together we can strengthen our wards and branches. This
was really good counsel because the wards and branches here need a lot of help
and rely a lot on the missionaries, but we received some great ideas about how
to help them.
Here we have to focus a lot on less active members to get them
back to church. Our rama [branch] has almost 900 members on the registros
[rolls] but asistencia [attendance] of about 70 each week. As missionaries we
have to help the church leaders find and strengthen these members and help them
any way we can. It's kind of funny because about half of the contacts we do
turn out to be members.
To strengthen the less active families, this week we taught a lot
using the Family Proclamation to the World. It is such an inspired document and
is really powerful to teach from. It really can give us specific counsel on how
to strengthen our families now and in the future based on principles of the
gospel.
I am still loving everything and doing great! The Spanish is
coming, and every day I learn new things about how to be a better
missionary. I feel like I'm in Fall
right now - the place where we write has air conditioning and my nose is frozen!
But its super nice and I definitely won't complain.
I hope you all have a wonderful week!
Yours truly,
Hermana White
No comments:
Post a Comment