Monday, September 19, 2016

Hello from Choluteca, barrio San Luis!

Things are just lovely down here. It is a whole different, beautiful world from Tegucigalpa, from the fact that it's totally flat without hills, to the cows and horses and chickens and fireflies, to the heat, to the people who are so so nice and will always let us come and teach them. I feel like I've come full circle since my first area where it was so similar. This time I appreciate everything a lot more and understand what people are saying so it's a lot better! 

Saturday we went with the ward to do a service project at Teleton, a rehabilitation center here in Choluteca. We cleaned it real well and it was lots of fun. The members in our ward are really great.

My companion, Hermana Realivazquez, is from Oaxaca, Mexico, and is really sweet. She is teaching me a lot from her example and the love of the people. Also, she is my sixth Mexican companion so I'm basically Mexicana now. I eat more hot sauce than real food. 

Life is great; we are moving forward and trying not to get fried!

Have a great week!

Con amor,
Hermana White
  
Attached fotos: Goodbye Esperanza & some of my favorite people. 
[La Esperanza is the area in Tegucigalpa where Amy has been since March 29th.]






Service project at Teleton, a rehabilitation center in Choluteca. 

Hermana Realivazquez, Amy's companion from Oaxaca, Mexico.

Our back yard, looking into our neighbor's yard.

No comments: