Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Amy's week #3
Guatemala City CCM

Hola from Guatemala!

This week was mostly uneventful, the same old same old. However, the one time they let the North Americans out of the CCM into the real world, last Pday, we all picked up some sort of stomach flu. It wiped out all my district and most of the other Norte district for about 3 days, some got it worse than others, I got the lighter end of the spectrum, one of our elders had to go get some tests done at the clinic to make sure he didn't have a parasite, I guess. Anywho, it sure brought us all together, haha.

And just when we were all feeling better, both of our teachers got sick too and they were gone for a few days. Lots of gatorade and saltines. We were very well taken care of, the cooks made us the best chicken noodle soup I've ever had.

This week we got a group of 12 Nortes and 30 Latinos, making the CCM dominated by Nortes! It's a weird thing, since last week we were in the minority. I guess from this week on, we'll get mostly Nortes since it's school time for the Latinos.

We had some great devotionals this week, about the temple and about Enduring to the End. President Cox scared us all by talking about "life after the mission," which I'm not convinced is a thing yet. I can't wait to get out to Honduras, sometimes I get itching about leaving for my people. But the CCM is great, it's good to feel safe here while we learn the good word of God. They're preparing us well.


Every week we prepare to teach a "less active," who is usually another district posing as a less active with a profile. This week we taught about receiving revelation through prayer, and it was a really good lesson for me. We read about Enos together, and I love that story. I think it's amazing that during Enos' prayer, after he prayed for his own sins, and the sins of his brothers, he asked God that the record would be delivered to the people in the last days, the Lamanites! God covenanted with him that He would fulfill this promise, and that's what I'm doing. I am literally bringing the gospel to the Lamanites in the last days, and for that opportunity I will forever be grateful.

Sorry that's short, not much to report here. Everything's good, I'm happy, and the Church is true.

Love you all!

Amy

No comments: