Another week has come and gone and I'm carrying on in the obra misional [missionary work]. We had some hard, hard days here, and yesterday after all our appointments fell through and our investigators didn't go to church and an investigator was literally hiding from us, I turned to my companion and said that maybe we had this week to be humbled. She then confessed to me that she had been praying for humility and charity this week and we laughed about how she should have warned me! But things are good. We focus on the blessings.
As of Friday this week is the San Lorenzo Fair, so its been pretty crazy. There are lots of people in the centro near our casa and we have had to be in early for the nights which is a bummer. There have been parades and music and fireworks which is exciting though!
This week the hermanas of Obrera had a baptism in our chapel and one of our investigators came to watch it which I think will really help him! He has a testimony of everything and always has great questions for us, so we hope he will progress.
Sunday we made Spaghetti for the president of our branch president, with fried eggs and tortillas. I guess it's Mexican? So my comp tells me. It was good.
Also on the 22nd we will have a conference with our whole mission and Comayaguela [the
Honduras Comayagüela Mission] and we are having an apostle come! We are pretty pumped about that.
I'm grateful to have a companion who makes me laugh and to be in this great area! Being a missionary is the best. Also, in one of our lessons this week they asked me to pray in English and it was so hard to think of the words, so I think my language is improving!
Attached are some pictures of some of my favorite people here and also li'l ol me! The kids are Ashley and Seysa, some little ruffians in our branch who remind me of Ellie and Henry, they're pretty funny. Another is my good friend Nancy, and I imagine that Laura and Nancy would be quick amigas. She has special needs and a remarkable spirit. She sits outside her uncle's pulperia and whenever we pass we sit and sing her a hymn. She's sharp and she loves to pray with us. She isn't a member but she has a great knowledge that she is a daughter of God and that He loves her.
Have a wonderful week,
No comments:
Post a Comment