Greetings!
This week really flew by! I can't believe it's already Monday again.
My companion had changes this week so Wednesday I got
Hermana Garcia, she's from Guatemala and she's great! She's in her last change
of the mission, and I've already learned a lot from her. I'm lucky because she's
not baggy yet (ready to go home) and she is gung ho for working hard here in
our area.
Saturday we had a conference in Teguc with Elder Nelson and
Elder Duncan, our area authority. It was super cool, and we learned a lot. We
had to be at the chapel at 5 AM to catch the bus that was taking all
the missionaries in the south. Our alarm didn't go off and so we got up at 5!
It was crazy, we prayed a lot and grabbed our things and luckily made it to the
bus. Hermana Garcia directed the music and so us both sat up on the stand. We
had all the Tegucigalpa and Comayaguela missionaries there and also it was
broadcast to the other Honduras missions and some other missions across Central
America.
It was really neat the specific direction that we were given, and
how we can be better missionaries and really help the people here. We were taught
to choose to have joy in our work, work with ward leaders, and Elder Nelson
gave us specific topics from the Guide to Study the Scriptures (Kind of like
the topical guide and bible dictionary, its included in all the Libros de Mormon)
to study and teach to strengthen less active and investigator families to get
to the temple. He stressed the importance of having the goal of temple
covenants, not only getting people baptized. We all got to shake his hand and
he read our names and looked into our eyes and thanked us for our decision to
serve and it was so special. I could really feel the love of the Savior in his
presence.
Also I spoke in Sacrament meeting yesterday. That was interesting,
I was worried I wouldn't have enough Spanish words for a 15 minute talk. But I
made it through! I only hope they were
able to understand me and learn a little about the Sacrament, which I spoke on.
I used a lot of Sister Esplin's talk from November 2014 conference, which I
highly recommend reading!
This week we have a baptism scheduled for Saturday! Our
joven [young man], Jose, is 18 and is really cool. It's been fun to see how the youth in
our branch have befriended him and made him feel part of it all. He always has
super good questions about what we can teach him more and he's expressed a
desire to serve a mission! It took him a
while to make a decision to be baptized but ever since he has been really
anxious to learn more.
Well, that's pretty much it. I shall now send un monton de
fotos [lots of pictures].
Have a lovely week!
No comments:
Post a Comment