Happy New Year!
Well, here we are again! Since only a few days
have passed since I wrote last, I feel like there's not much to tell!
It's been fun with the new year to hear about
how 2015 went and expectations for 2016. Last night we had a great lesson with
a family in our ward about that, and they said that in the face of all the
challenges they had (family members passing away, loss of employment,
Chikingunya) they could always see the hand of the Lord in their lives. I think
that's the most beautiful part of whatever trial or difficulty we have. That
even though in the moment we may feel like it's too much for us to handle, He
knows that it's not. He knows that it's exactly what we can handle and that we
can get through it, we can overcome, and we can be better off for it. And in
the end, looking back, we wouldn't change a thing.
I am so grateful for the year I had, from
finishing my first year of college, receiving my mission call, preparing to
leave, and starting this crazy adventure. Through it all I have remembered Granddad's
counsel the Sunday before
I left, which was to take hold of His hand and never let go. That He would lead
me through it all. Through the good days and the bad, there is always something
to show that this is exactly where I need to be right now. I am so grateful for
the opportunity I have to serve my Savior with everything I have for this time,
and am thrilled to keep going for 2016.
I hope you all have a great week and a Prospero
Ano Nuevo!
Hermana White
With President & Sister Bowler.
Mission crazies. This is 1/2 of the missionaries.
Hermana Delgado & Hermana White.
No comments:
Post a Comment