Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy week-after-Christmas and Happy New Year!

It was so awesome to be able to Skype with everyone last week, although I cried like a baby it was really because I was so happy to see my beautiful family. I love you all so much and you mean a lot to me. 

The rest of the day on Christmas was pretty tranquilo, mostly going around collecting food and becoming mas gorditas [bigger]. I think Christmas Eve we ate 5 torrejas each, and Christmas day about 7.  The Hondurans believe in leftovers and in feeding the missionaries, so we have been eating well this week, haha.

Visiting continues to be difficult with the holidays,  but we have also seen some great success. This week we found an amazing family and shared the Proclamation with them, which they loved, so we will see where that leads us. [The Family: A Proclamation to the World]

We also continue to teach Wendy, who arrived at the church one Sunday out of the blue, told us she is looking for peace in her life, and how does she become a member? She continues to be really positive and has a baptismal date in the next few weeks. 

Tonight the celebration continues with the burning of fireworks into the night and at midnight they burn these big doll things stuffed with fireworks symbolizing the old year. We will see if we even sleep tonight. 

This week one of my favorite lessons was when we shared the story of Nephi when he was commanded to build a boat in 1 Nephi 17. I can only imagine the faith it took for him to accept this challenge and without doubting ask, "How do I start?" instead of questioning the words of the Lord. In our lives the Lord has asked us to build our own "boats", but hasn't left us helpless. He will show us the way to make the "tools" that we will need to do His will, and we will be blessed immensely for it. I am so grateful to be a missionary!

Happy New Year and have a great week! Pday is Monday again, so I will write then.

Lots of love,
Hermana White



Skype session from our end in West Jordan.

Skype session from Tegucigalpa sometimes was pixelated.

A torreja. "Christmas Eve we ate 5 torrejas each, and Christmas day about 7."


Amy made Eva's Mountain Man breakfast on Christmas.

No comments: