Monday, March 7, 2016

We had a great week last week.

Monday we felt better so we got to go out to work, and the rest of the week we were able to work as normal, with drinking lots of water and taking it easy. The blood test I did last week said I had Zika, so I've overcome that one!  But luckily I got a light case. The blood test I did last Monday said I had about no white blood cells, but the one I did on Wednesday said everything was good.  The members have been real great to take care of us, as well as President and Hermana Bowler.

Thursday we had a special conference with Elder and Sister Alonso which was really neat. It was basically an open question-and-answer session, and he taught us a lot about the Atonement. Everything in the doctrine of the Church, everything in this life, and the plan of salvation centers on the Atonement of Jesus Christ, the sacrifice that He did for us to make it back to Him. He explained how we are literally preparing the earth for the second coming of Jesus Christ, and it was really great. 

Yesterday was regional conference for Central America, which was via satellite from Salt Lake City. The messages were really great and inspired as well. Elder Anderson talked about the Book of Mormon and how it really is the keystone of our religion. We took the two boys again, Luis and Gonzalo, and they really liked it. They've been reading the Book of Mormon with one of those cartoon books the church has and they explained to me Lehi's vision before the meeting. They are special kids, we just have to work on the parents. 

Well, that's about it! This afternoon we made lunch in our house with Hermana Powers and Hermana Cedeno, which was fun. [Hermana Powers is from Roy, Utah, Amy's companion for 2 weeks last Sept., and her only English speaking companion so far.]

Have a great week! Love you all!

Hermana White



That's Hermana Powers on the right.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, what great memories! jaja!! Our time together was way too short Blancita (by the way I found this blog googling my name!) I will never forget singing Disney songs in the streets of San Lorenzo, admitting my Pepsi addiction to Jorge, helping me get my foot flesh burned off at a scary catholic clinic, hiking through banana jungles, our daughters being BFF's (like their mama's), our pants (they are doing well by the way, tell me they miss you), Women's Conference not just once, but twice together! You being my Sister leader in Valle, giving me an excuse just to call you and talk about EVERYTHING! (guess who has a bladder infection?! dang it!) thanks for listening to my personal 3rd world problems! Thanks for introducing me to the Chuck Norris burger, my first almost real american burger in Honduras! And for coming up to hang out with Zona Valle de Angeles just to play football and break a pinata (though we know you came because I was there!) And last thank you for going to Elder Oak's conference (him being a saint and giving us one last goodbye before I hopped on a plane back to Utahtenango)and don't you ever forget our jam-doo do do dooo do.....*honduran wind blowing through our dirty sweaty hair*