Monday, February 29, 2016

Welp, this week has been another crazy one for the books. 

Monday we hopped on down to Teguc for a dentist appointment that Hermana Hernandez had, at this really neat clinic run by LDS dentists from the U.S. who come down to volunteer their time to help out future or current latino missionaries. While we were there I ran into a young man from San Lorenzo who is preparing to go to his mission, which was really neat to talk to him and get some updates on all my favorite people down there.

Also while we were waiting I was talking to some of the kids of the dentists there, one of which said he was from Eagle, Idaho, and happened to be in the same ward as Brad and McCall!  We both freaked out about how cool that was, and I got to send a letter up with him which I hope they got :)

While waiting for the appointment, it actually took a lot longer than we thought it would, and we ended up having to stay the night in Teguc with some hermanas in the city. 

Tuesday morning we got up and got right back to Danli, where at about 1:00 pm President Bowler called to tell us that Hermana Hernandez´s grandpa had passed away and we had permission to go back down for the funeral. We got down there at about 7:00 and went to the viewing, stayed another night with the hermanas there, and went to the burial the next day. Wednesday night we got back late, and I was feeling pretty crappy.

Thursday morning I woke up with a fever, took some acetaminophen, and we went out working normally. 

Friday morning I still had a fever but was feeling okay.  We went to a conference our zone had with President and Hermana Bowler. Getting there, everyone's all asking me what happened to my face. And why is my neck all red. I go to check it out and I had broken out in a cute rash all over. I talked to the mission nurse and she sent me home to rest and drink a bajillion gallons of water.

We ended up staying home Friday and Saturday on Tylenol and Benadryl and covered in calamine lotion, got to escape to go to Stake Conference on Sunday morning, but stayed in the rest of Sunday.

Today I am feeling good, without the fever, just real itchy with the rash. I went to do a blood test this morning to see what the heck I have, but don't even worry it is TOTALLY common here. Luckily I have just been real fatigued and not with bone pains or anything or it would be Dengue or Chikingunya. 

So anyways, things are on the upswing! Mostly it's the worst to have to be inside sleeping for so long and not working. Learning a lot of patience and trusting in the Lord's timing, to know that the area is all right without us for basically a week.

Stake Conference was really cool though.  We brought two kids of a family we are teaching who are really cool, and our bishop got made the stake president! 

We are hoping that this week will get back to normal and that we can do some actual work! Thursday we have a special conference with Elder Alonso which should be super great. 

Thanks for your love and support and prayers!

Have a great week!
-Hermana White


The two sisters in the middle are Hermana Oram and Hermana Harmon, the ones we spent the nights with in Teguc.

Funeral for the grandfather of Hermana Hernandez. 

Red Amy.








No comments: