Monday, June 20, 2016

Another week has come and gone!

Not much going on around these parts. Just the normal, same old same old missionary work. Actually it's pretty great, I couldn't ask for anything better!

This week we:
 -Finished splits with the hermanas of Valle, which went well.
-Started teaching a cousin of a recent convert, named Fernanda who is really positive. Her other cousin of 5 years old, Angel, who also goes to church with us, accompanied us in the lesson. We asked him if he wanted to invite Fernanda to church, so he told her he likes to go to church and he likes to sit quiet. I think she was sold on the idea.
-Got LOTS of rain - it was great - and it hasn't been too hot!
-Have been enjoying our last week together because Hermana Zaragoza is finishing her mission. She's been a great companion, a friend from my very first day when I arrived in San Lorenzo. I will sure miss her. 
-My new companion will be Hermana Aguilar, also from Mexico, who came with me in my group in the Guatemala MTC. I'm excited to be companions with her, she's really great!

This week I have been thinking a lot about how grateful I am for the opportunity to be a missionary - to be able to serve the Lord full time. I have learned a lot in my time here and can't wait to learn even more! I am so grateful for the Spirit and for the guidance and direction He gives me. 

Attached are some photos of the people here and the great views we get of Tegucigalpa. 

Have a great week!
Hermana White




One of our favorite young women.

Our chapel. 

Some of the people here.

Our house... the orangey one.

No comments: