This week was real good!
We finished with splits, had a baptism, watched Meet the Mormons
for a missionary activity, and things are great.
The baptism for Hermano Humberto was a great experience. The water
was green, we started an hour late, and almost forgot the baptismal record, but
what can you do? He had a smile on his face the entire time, so that's the most
we could ask for. We had lots of members there supporting him, including two
investigators who felt the spirit and loved it, so we count it as a success!
Hermano Humberto is the first one that I have been able to see
from start to finish in his progress, from finding him street contacting, to teaching
him everything, seeing him make changes, watching his eyes light up when he
reads the Book of Mormon, helping him quit coffee, and seeing him be baptized!
He is a special guy, and has true desires to follow Jesus Christ. He is a great
example for me and for the ward. He will do great things!
Also, my zone leader just called and I don't have changes! So I
will have another six weeks here in La Esperanza with Hermana Aguilar, which will
be too good.
In my personal study this morning I especially enjoyed Alma 37:33-37,
which I think is the perfect advice for a missionary. Teaching repentance,
praying for direction, and putting all my trust in God is what I am here to do,
and I couldn't be happier.
Have a great week!
Hermana White
No comments:
Post a Comment