This week our petting zoo grew, as we found [in our house]:
-1 kitty
-1 huge scary spider
-About 20 geckos
-1 centipede
-1 salamander type thing that ran really fast across the floor
-A few more piojos :)
Keeps life interesting! We have been more careful about when we leave the door open and have gotten good use out of our broom to kill the little critters or shoo them outside.
General Conference: Our star investigator Wendy was set on going to conference with us, and then at the last minute all of a sudden she moved! So that was a bummer. Also, Sunday we left early in the morning to go invite the whole world to conference to take advantage of the bus the ward had rented, and then no. one. went. It was kind of disappointing because, the PROPHET was going to speak to us, we were going to hear the words of the Lord, who wouldn't want to be a part of that? And you were going to get FREE transportation! But it was okay. Being patient with other peoples' agency has been a huge lesson for me on my mission.
Conference was stellar. I watched in English with the other American missionaries. I loved everything and was so glad we were able to be nourished spiritually. I am so grateful for a living prophet and for the priesthood authority!
Pants for the sisters - Yes, the sisters have them! A while ago when I was still in Teguc we finally got them but actually they were a bunch of mixed up sizes, and the ones that were made for me fit better on another sister so I gifted them to her, and since I am going home in December they won't be making me more. I was kind of disappointed but it's alright.
Have a great week, lots of love,
Hermana White
A birthday party for an hermana's son, if you can see him under the big piñata, haha.
Our area in the middle of nowhere.
We walk around with umbrellas, to not get overwhelmed by the strong sun.
No comments:
Post a Comment