Monday, October 26, 2015

Miracles

Here we are again. 

This week was excellent. Last Monday in the evening I was feeling a bit bummed because we hadn't been working with many investigators, and we felt like we weren't meeting our goals. We went to have a family home evening with the Familia Estrada. The husband has been inactive for 25 years and we've been working with him to get him reactivated. He and his wife have goals for him to quit smoking and that they can make it to the temple to be sealed. After the family home evening Hermano Estrada said, "You should both feel good. You're doing your part. You have strengthened our family." 

That was pretty special, and the spirit was so strong. He has come so far and has the desires to keep going and we are so proud of him. It has been amazing to be able to help them as a family and see their progress. 

Tuesday we went to Choluteca for a conferencia with all the missionaries in the south. It was really good, and we learned lots of great stuff. 

This week we found and started teaching a small handful of really positive investigators, and we feel extremely blessed. After one lesson with Hermana Aleida last week, she said she would go to church. We went over early yesterday to take her to church, expecting that she would say she couldn't go, because that's what happens with everyone else. But she was ready!  She was getting her grandbaby ready, too! They were excited to go to church! I couldn't believe it because that had never happened for me. 

Yesterday was District Conference so there were lots of members from all over the valley as well as President and Hermana Bowler. The messages were all great. President Bowler talked about missionary work and challenged all of the members to bring one person into the church in the next year. He asked all who were in accordance to raise their hand, and Hermana Aleida rose her hand! It was awesome. 

After the meeting we had the chance to present her to lots of sisters in the branch as well as to President and Hermana Bowler. It was really really cool. She LOVED church and can't wait to go next week. 

In the afternoon we visited her with a member and challenged her to baptism and she ACCEPTED.  WHAT. She is so prepared. She told us that the Evangelico ´missionaries´ have been visiting her every day for a while now but that she never felt like she wanted to go to their church, and after only one lesson with us she said, "I don't know what happened, but I wanted to go!" So I hope that she will continue to progress and that we can help her. I'm pretty excited. 

We also are teaching Hermana Cindy, who is really positive as well. She has a six-year-old daughter and needs to get married before she is baptized though. She is keeping her commitments and reading and has lots of questions! It made me laugh though, because she thought we were Jehovah's Witnesses until the 3rd lesson. Which was an awkward conversation. 

A fun story about this one time when my companion and I went to eat lunch with a member and we were eating our chicken soup when all of a sudden I started looking around and noticed the hermano covered in blood and feathers and a bucket nearby that the dog was eating out of, that was also full of blood and feathers, and that this chicken I am eating was breathing just 2 hours earlier. Mmmmm. 

But anyway. All is well and I am just doing great! I hope you all are doing well and have a fantastic week! 

Scripture I ponderized this week was Alma 7:23-24, it's a good one, you should all read it. 

Hermana White





No comments: