Monday, February 1, 2016

Happy February!

Saturday night the bishop called to ask if I would give a talk in church on the Sabbath Day. I played the piano for the meeting but they were hymns I had never heard of and no one knew them, so I was glad when the meeting was over :) But it was a beautiful day yesterday, and we had FIVE investigators and THREE menos activos [less active] families who showed up. It made me really excited. 

President Bowler called last night to say I will be transferred this week, and Hermana Delgado will be a trainer, so that was hard. I love this area and feel like I have had such little time here. I really wanted to stay here with my companion. The ward is so great, they love to work with us, and I love the people we are teaching - we have some that are so close. So that's a bummer, but I guess it's time for me to go somewhere else. I learned lots of great lessons here.

This afternoon we will run around saying goodbye to everyone and in the morning at 10:00 I will go with the hermana leaders until I go off to my new area on Wednesday. They will call me tonight to tell me my area and companion. 

My birthday was really good.  A sister in the ward made me a cake that was sooooo good - chocolate with peaches. We also had some killer lessons that made me real glad I'm here in Honduras. I love so much being in lessons that go really well, where the spirit guides everything. I don't know if I like to talk about specific investigators in my emails because they change so often. One day they can be positive and I'll get excited about them just to have them drop us the next day, but I'm learning to accept that kind of behavior :) 

Other than that, the adventures of everyday missionary work are pretty average. We get rejected a lot and get weird stares and funny comments, but when you find someone who will listen it's the most beautiful thing. This area is pretty normal, but we will see what the next one brings! 

Con mucho amor, 
Hermana White

A teenager no more.

Chocolate cake with peaches.

No comments: