Monday, February 15, 2016

This week was hard because Hermana Maradiaga, who has been sick the last little while, had to return to her house until she is 100% better before going to Mexico, which she didn't want to do. We stayed in the house 3 days so she could rest before she went home. President called and told her pretty much it was her only option, which was hard. [First she went to the MTC in Guatemala, then had served in Honduras for 5 months.]

So we shipped her off Saturday, and I received Hermana Hernandez, a mini missionary from Tegucigalpa. She is waiting to go to her mission in Chile in May and will be with me until the end of March. It's a little hard because I got her straight from her house, without being set apart or going to the CCM [MTC], so we have had to go over a lot of things. Lots of patience and humility :)  But she is really great, super animada [animated] and willing to work, with a strong testimony. 

So basically I am training in an area I don't know. But the members are good and are willing to help a lot, which is nice. So hopefully we will be able to go out and find investigators!  It's crazy and challenging but we are doing well! 

Dia de Amor y Amistad [Valentine's Day] was great. The Young Women president gave us a bag of candy after ward council and we celebrated the Amor de Dios [the Love of God] by preaching the gospel :)

Yesterday, during the last 2 hours of church, we had a special class with video training sessions from the general auxiliary presidencies and a few Apostles on the Sabbath Day. I don't know if the rest of you saw it, but it was really good. The focus was on making the Sabbath Day a delight by doing some things specifically - like arriving early to Sacrament Meeting to listen to the prelude music - and making simple meals. I really like the new focus the Church has put on the Sabbath Day and how it really is important. 

Have a lovely week!

With lots of love, 
Hermana White

Hermana Maradiaga

Hermana Hernandez, mini missionary from Tegucigalpa.


No comments: