Monday, November 21, 2016

Another stellar week. We could find lots of new investigators, and yesterday we had TWO of them at church. (Whaaaaat?) That was so great. Hermana Brendy is progressing and even though we changed her baptism date to the 3rd of December she is still excited and her family is as well.

Nisi and Esther, well, not so much. I think their Evangelic family has told them some lies about the Mormons and are preferring to stay in their grandpa´s church.

I love having lessons with people who are prepared to hear the gospel and have golden questions like: "But which is the true church?" or "Where can I get a valid baptism?" or "Does God communicate with men in this day?" We have all the answers. 

In other news, I will miss a lot of things about Honduras, like all the kids in the street lighting fireworks at all hours of the day, when the power goes out on a whim, the tact and respect for privacy (an hermano this week told me, "You're heavy but your spirit is light!" during a plan of salvation lesson), and the HEAT.

It's a great place and I have grown to love it, even though it has its defects and some laughable traits, and it has taught me a lot. I have learned to love the people, cry with them, laugh with them, and take their hand as they come to know this gospel that can bless them and their families for eternity. 

I finished the Book of Mormon again the other day, and am so grateful for its inspired messages. I know that it is the word of God and has been written for us in this day. The promise that comes throughout the Book of Mormon - that it will come to the Lamanites in the last days - is real and is being fulfilled!  

Thanks for the love and support!

Happy Thanksgiving on Thursday!

Hermana White (pronounced "Guiz" "Weetay" or "Blanca")

Helping to make tortillas from corn.


Pizza Hut with the hermanas from the zone.

No comments: