Happy Thanksgiving! We
had a great week:
-Went on my last splits ever with Hermana Gomez and Hermana
Bernal. It was fun being with Hermana Bernal, because she was my "little
sister" when I was a Sister Leader and now she is my Sister Leader. She's an amazing missionary and I learned a lot
from her.
-Had my very last district meeting, since this week is interviews.
We gave the class on burying our swords and being converted to the cause of the
Lord (Alma 24) and I gave my final testimony with the other missionaries who
are leaving. That was weird, and I got emotional sharing my last words with the
zone.
-Also celebrated Thanksgiving in the American way - at Burger
King.
-Today we had a P-day with the zone. We made carne asada [grilled beef] and one of the elders
caught an iguana so we took pictures. They wanted to grill the iguana too but
we wouldn't let them.
-And, most importantly! Our miracle,
Angie.
A couple weeks ago we met this super cool girl named Angie in a
street contact with her sister who is a member from another ward. Angie said
she has been visited by a bajillion missionaries and that, sure, we can drop
by.
So Saturday night (19th of November) we stopped by. She was
all, "Yeah, come in!" We did a
"Get to know you" lesson. She explained that she has Christ in her heart
and doesn't feel the need to go to a church, but that she will listen to us -
not a problem.
We challenged her to baptism and she said, "Well, we'll see."
OK - typical response.
We left her a pamphlet for the first lesson ["The Message of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ."]
We invited her to church and she said, "Yeah, I will go, but can I go in
pants?" SURE.
We went by the next Sunday morning after we had stopped for a few
others (who wouldn't go) and were honestly thinking Angie would say the same
thing, "No, I'm sick, maybe next Sunday." But surprises and
miracles happen and there was Angie, ready and waiting for us and in a SKIRT.
So cute, with her little bible and everything. She went to church, felt good,
but wasn't sold.
Monday night we went to teach her and she had not only read
the pamphlet but had read all the scriptures that are included, had highlighted
and filled in the questions in the back, except for the ones that come in the
Book of Mormon or Joseph Smith's History. We explained the restoration to her
and she said, "Really the reason I never got baptized was because I didn't
understand the authority and how Joseph Smith got it."
Okay. We explained it and she understood, and committed to pray to
know if these things are true. She also said, "But where can I read this
Joseph Smith History, I need to know more about this man to know if he was a
prophet." OKAY! We had a triple combination at the house, so the next day
we dropped it off and came back the day after that.
She was so excited to meet with us. Turns out she had stayed up late
reading and re-reading the Joseph Smith History and the pamphlet we left, and
thanks to a 3 AM prayer told us that she knows without a doubt that
this is the only true church and that she needs to be baptized.
We asked her, "Would you like to be baptized the 3rd of
December?" "Yeah" she said, "why not?"
At this point we were over the moon. I asked her if she has any
questions, and she said, "Can I share my testimony with more people?
Things like this are what others need to know." Yes, Angie, please share
it with others!
She has been so awesome, so ready, and so excited to be a part of
the Lord's church. She wants to know everything and has been studying the
scriptures and has taught us the
majority of the lessons.
I am so grateful for the people God has prepared for us and the
part that we get to play in their conversion. We have felt that the Spirit has
truly done all the work and we have done very little, and that's how it feels
when God works through us. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be a
missionary and for the next 10 days I have to wear this nametag. I feel
incredibly humbled to serve His children here in Honduras.
Lots of love,
Hermana White
Went on my last splits ever with Hermana Gomez and Hermana Bernal.
Thanksgiving at Burger King.
My companion eats chicken feet.
Christmas!
We love lichas, this curious little fruit. We might have eaten 2 bags in one day.
Our house.
Aaaaaaah, happy18 months to me!
La Iglesia de Jesuscristo de los Santos de los Ultimos Dias.
Angie and two very happy sister missionaries.
Zone meeting today.
The elders found an iguana.
No comments:
Post a Comment