Guaymuras!
This
week I had cambios! [transfers]
It
was the weirdest and the awfullest to say goodbye to all the people I love in
San Lorenzo, where I started out this crazy wonderful adventure. But I am now
in Tegucigalpa, the capital, and my area is called Guaymuras. It's a whole
different world up here. I feel like I am in a different mission! To start it
off the weather is cool, and I pulled out my sweaters!
We
have a ward here, and they are all really awesome and supportive. My companion
is Hermana Aldama, from Mexico, and she is in her last month of the mission so
I get to finish her off. She's really great and I am learning lots from her.
It
is beautiful here, with great big trees and flowers right in the middle of the
city. Our area isn't very big but there are lots of people because all of the
houses are right smack next to each other. The people are a lot different from
my previous area, mostly because they have more money and less time for
religion talk. It's all in the fun of it.
We
have just a few investigators but they are doing really well. One of the most
spiritual lessons I have ever been in was with Erikson, where we were teaching
about the Restoration, and when we explained the Apostasy he said, "Well
of course Jesus would have to come down and restore his church again after it
was lost." And we were all, just you WAIT, It gets better! And when we
gave him a copy of the Book of Mormon he couldn't believe we were just giving
it away like that! It was pretty neat.
The
only catch with him is that he has an adorable 2-year-old girl who is
tremendous, and in this lesson my lovely companion gave her her pen and she
proceeded to write aaaalll over my arms and legs. And then she bit me a couple
of times. The spirit was so strong, and I didn't want to detract from it by
making her cry. It was whatever.
So
anyway! I'm doing great here and taking every challenge as it comes! Have a
lovely week and remember to take in count the tender mercies of the Lord. We
are so blessed to be here on the earth in this time with the restored gospel!
We have all the blessings of the priesthood and a living prophet. I love this
gospel and I love the mission here!
Much love,
Hermana White
Three pictures from San Lorenzo, before Amy went to Tegucigalpa:
Hermana Aleida.
And here she is in Tegucigalpa.
View from her new apartment?
"All of the houses are right smack next to each other."
Amy's new companion, Hermana Jessica Aldama, from near Mexico City.
Amy's study area in the new apartment.








No comments:
Post a Comment