Hello all!
Welp, here we are again.
Last week we started it off great with a noche de hogar [FHE] with
a less active family who want their nine-year-old daughter baptized. They are
really a good family, but have been inactive for about 2 years for one thing or
another and we are working with them to get them excited about Church again. We
watched "The Restoration" and the Spirit was so strong.
Afterwards they gave us crackers with caramel sauce (super good) and curiles* (super gross) which I accepted with a brave face. I started eating it but after a few bites I think my face gave me away and the hermano [brother] laughed and told me I didn't have to eat it. I gracefully gave up the fight.
Afterwards they gave us crackers with caramel sauce (super good) and curiles* (super gross) which I accepted with a brave face. I started eating it but after a few bites I think my face gave me away and the hermano [brother] laughed and told me I didn't have to eat it. I gracefully gave up the fight.
Tuesday we woke up good, but quickly thereafter Hermana Martinez
started to feel pretty sick which got worse and we ended up not being able to
leave the house until Saturday afternoon when she felt better. Lots
of people in our area have been sick, including the other hermanas in our area,
who also stayed in all week. It was reeeeaaally boring in our house all that
time, but I had time to wash lots of clothes and clean the house and also read
all of the May 2013 General Conference and read a good chunk of Jesus the
Christ, which was good.
So we pretty much had the boringest week ever, but we are both
feeling good and ready to take on the world now!
Hermana Aleida is doing great. We didn't get to visit her this
week but we did call her every day and she is reading the Book of Mormon!
Also cambios [transfers] are this week and we don't know what will
happen quite yet, but I am hoping I get to have one more change here! I really
love it, and now feel like it's my home, and I know it will be hard for me to
leave the people here. We will see what happens!
I didn't take a single picture of us this week, but I will send
some next week!
-Hermana White
*This is Amy's dad. Here's
a picture & description of Honduran curiles that I found online:
"Curiles are a local clam with a dark, iron-rich blood. The
clams are served raw in their blood mixed with chismol (salsa) and lime juice.
They're yummy."
Honduran curiles

No comments:
Post a Comment