Monday, November 30, 2015

La semana [The week]

I hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving back in the states! Here we celebrated with Little Ceasars, and my companion brought a little Mexicana to the table with her hot sauce that she carries in her backpack. She makes me laugh. 

This week we had some great lessons.  One was with Hermana Wendy, who showed up on her own at church and was basically like, "And how do I get in?"  

We were teaching her in the chapel with the Relief Society president, Hermana Rina, and her grandbaby.  When my companion was reciting the first vision the baby grabbed two fistfuls of Hermana Rina's hair and screamed and pulled really hard. Hermana Rina couldn't pull him off, and it ended up in all of us dying of laughter. It's the funniest things that happen, and it seems like especially during the first vision. 

This week I got to reflecting on gratitude, and all the wonderful things I am thankful for. 
-Being sealed to my family for eternity
-Having the scriptures that I can study and learn more about the love that God has for His children
-Being able to spread the gospel full time, 24/7
-Being able to communicate with my Heavenly Father at any moment through prayer
-Having the knowledge of the restored gospel
-Having a living prophet
-Knowing my Savior Jesus Christ paid for my sins, weaknesses, and imperfections
-Being able to speak Spanish!

And so much more! I feel truly blessed to be living in these last days and to be a servant of the Lord in this time. I only hope to keep working hard and improving and learning lots more with this short time He has given me. 

Have a wonderful week!
Hermana White


Thanksgiving at Little Ceasar's in Tegucigalpa


 Hermana Aldama's "muy picante" hot sauce


 View from their apartment?

Matching camisas

No comments: