Monday, November 23, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!

The week has come and gone and here we are again!

This week was pretty good, we taught some great lessons and found some great people!  On Friday we had divisions [splits] with the Hermana Leaders, and I got to go to the área La Esperanza with Hermana Montalvo!  [Amy's trainer]  It was super great to be with her again, she is a great missionary. La Esperanza is a beautiful área, built into the side of a mountain here in the city.

Erikson is doing super bien [very well]!  This week we had a great lesson with his wife, too, and they seem to be able to progress. Plus he is totally reading the Book of Mormon, which is a huge indicator. His daughter only bit me once this week, so she's progressing as well.

I love that here in Teguc we can be in the heart of the city with traffic and big buildings and bajillions of people but also be in the mountains with big trees and plants. It's really interesting to me how the houses are built casi [almost] on top of each other, practically in the mountain.  I am really enjoying being here in the city, but I miss being in the south with all the cows and chanchos [pigs] and chickens walking the streets. 

I think I have got a pretty good handle on Spanish these days. Every once in a while the gente [people] tell me I speak well for only having almost six months in the misión. I count that as a success. I still have lots to learn and improve but I'm working on it every day!

It's crazy to me to think that November is coming to an end and that this week is already Thanksgiving!  December and Christmas are close - all the people here already have their trees up.

This week for Thanksgiving, I wanted to share Alma 26:37 to remind us the real reason to give thanks to our God, for His son Jesús Christ. He is the light and the way!  I am learning every day how to rely on our Savior for everything, and that through Him we can find true happiness and peace.

Alma 26:37  Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen.

Have a lovely week!
Hermana White

 With Hermana Montalvo, her trainer for the first 6 weeks in Honduras.  
She is from Puebla, Mexico.

The "La Esperanza" area of Tegucigalpa last week during splits.

No comments: