Thursday, December 24, 2015


Amy's email received Dec. 24th.

Bliggity Blog

Feliz Navidad! This week we had Pday today instead of Monday for the holiday. It was a long week and a half without Pday but we made it!

Things are good here in Teguc, Christmas is in full swing. It seems like we just walk until we get to a house and they feed us. We have eaten Nacatamales (picture attached), a traditional Christmas food, every day for the past 4 days and we expect the same for the next few days. Another traditional food is called torrejas, which is like french toast with honey. Its pretty good. Other than that, we haven't had much success with investigators, no one is home these days which is a bummer.

Last week we had a great Christmas Devotional/Fiesta with our mission, where President Bowler gave us some great messages about the love of our Savior for us and the people here. Afterwards we received gifts that some families of missionaries sent us, which was really sweet. Socks, a scarf, toothbrushes, candy, and other good stuff - that was so nice of them.  

Also, a couple weeks ago our zone sent to have jerseys made with all our names on the back. They were supposed to say H. or E. and our last name, but mine came out with Ho.Withe? So close. It made me laugh pretty hard. I think I'll frame it.  

Well, this week to get me in the Christmasy spirit I have been studying The Living Christ, or Cristo Viviente, which is an amazing document. I love the testimony that the apostles give of our Savior and Redeemer. No one in the history of the world has had more influence among the children of God as He has. Through Him we are saved from sin and can inherit a grade of glory semejante [similar] that or our Father, together with our families for all eternity. Through Him we can find true peace and comfort. Through Him we can do all things. I am so grateful for this Christmas season that I get to spend as a missionary and to be able to share my testimony of Him every day. I love this gospel, I love this work, and I love the people of Honduras. I know He lives and loves us. I hope we all remember the true meaning of the season and can take a moment to reflect upon the blessings we have received through Him today and tomorrow. 

Welp, I hope you all have a wonderful week and a Feliz Navidad! Can't wait to Skype tomorrow!

ALSO a family in our ward has the same fabric nativity that mom has and I got super excited. Photo attached.

Hermana White

 Amy's new companion, Hermana Delgado, from Sonora, Mexico. 
This is at the mission devotional/fiesta last week.

 Woops. Should say "H. White".

 Same fabric nativity that Eva has.

Nacatamales

 They have their own fireplace.


No comments: