Monday, April 11, 2016

First a note from Amy's parents, Doug & Eva:
In an April 4th email Amy startled us with the news that she had been diagnosed with mononucleosis, which had been going around the mission a few months before that. She had had symptoms for several weeks by then. Amy has been out over 10 months and is determined to recover so that she can finish her mission there.

Thankfully she is doing much better this week.  An excerpt from her email to us today:   
"The past couple days I haven't had a fever and have felt lots better. I received a priesthood blessing from my zone leaders that calmed my nerves, promising me that the Lord is pleased with my service, that He is watching over and protecting me, and that I will be able to complete my goals as long as I am faithful and obedient."


Well, this week was pretty good! 

Tuesday we had a meeting with President Bowler and all the Zone Leaders and Hermana Leaders, which was really great. We learned lots about always following the Spirit and doing all we can to find the prepared people who are in our areas.

Hermana Guevara left us on Wednesday for the South, where she is doing great! We became two again, which was weird. 

Thursday Hermana Ingrid almost didn't show up for her interview with our district leader, but after praying on the street corner she showed up! And she passed!

Friday we did splits with the sisters of Santa Lucia and it was great. I was with Hermana Guandinango of Ecuador and we had some cool experiences here in our area.

Saturday we had the baptism of Ingrid, 18 years old, which was really great. She is a really special girl who has been so excited for this day to come. Yesterday she was confirmed and it was so neat! Her grandma really felt the Spirit and we think she is progressing really well. 

Attached: My favorite 101-year-old Honduran woman, Hermana Edelina. She can't see or hear anymore, but she loves to sing "Grande Eres Tu" [How Great Thou Art] and enjoy the afternoon sunshine. Her husband Diegito, 97 years old, sometimes sings to us, too, something about an old girlfriend who married another chavo while he was away working. They're awesome. 

Thanks so much for your prayers, I am doing really well down here. I have been putting all my faith and trust in the Lord in the past few months and I know He is with me and is protecting me. 

Lots of love, Hermana White

Link to "Grande Eres Tu" sung in the Provo Tabernacle, now the Provo City Center Temple:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiKnbSMc7bo


 Hermana Edelina, 101 years old.


At Hermana Ingrid's baptism, age 18


(View from Amy's apartment?)

No comments: