Well, this week was pretty great. Five minutes
after arriving here in Teguc we got a call from President Bowler to tell us
that there is a sister waiting for her visa to her mission in Costa Rica, so
she will be staying with us for the next two weeks! So we are a trio with
Hermana Guevara from Progresso, Honduras. Both my companions are great and we
get along swimmingly.
More about Hermana Brenda
Zaragoza: She's from Michuacan, Mexico, and started her mission in
December, 2014. Also, she was in the same branch as me when I started down
in San Lorenzo, so we were already good friends! It has been fun to be her
companion. We are the Hermana Lideres for the city of Tegucigalpa.
We have
some awesome investigadoras: Ingrid, 18 years old, and her Grandma Irma. They both
went to Conference on Sunday and loved it. Hermana Irma was sitting next to me
and I noticed her fall asleep for a little while. Afterwards she excused
herself for sleeping, but told us it was the first day she hadn't had coffee in
her life, after we taught the Word of Wisdom lesson on Saturday night. We were
so proud of her and gave her a big hug. Ingrid has a baptismal date for this
Saturday and Irma for the next couple weeks.
Our area is really pretty,
although it is literally just on a mountain so we have to climb lots of hills,
which is cool.
I loved Conference
yesterday. I could feel the Spirit so strong when President Monson spoke. I
really know that he is a living prophet who has been called to lead and guide
us today. I can't wait for the Liahona to read all the talks and get more out
of them.
Lots of love,
Hermana White
No comments:
Post a Comment